Monday, November 7, 2011

Anorexia

At first glance, the two girls are wearing identical clothes it looks like his younger brother. However, the fact they are a pair of mother and daughter with a performance in stark contrast to one another.

Rebecca Jones, 26, is the mother of Maisy, 7 years. Due to half of life lived with an eating disorder anorexia, Rebecca only weighed 31 pounds, lighter than Maisy who weighs 57 kilograms.

Every day Rebecca only eat soup, toast and energy drinks. The doctors warn that nutritional deficiencies can kill him. At the same time, he encouraged the child to eat cakes, chocolate snacks and drinks.

Jones with a height of 177 cm, 20 cm taller than his daughter says, "I am proud to wear the same clothes as Maisy. It was wrong, but it makes me feel happy. I do not think my body is skinny, I always saw myself larger , "he said as published the Daily Mail.

Rebecca felt the eating disorder began when her parents divorced when she was 11 years. He began eating in search of comfort and makes her body swell up to 95 pounds. Since being ridiculed at school, Rebecca lost confidence and began to 'stop eating'.

At the age of 13 years, his weight began to decline drastically. He also won praise for his family and friends, without realizing the danger of the habit. "I just thought I was losing body fat. I feel much happier then."

However, in the next two years her weight continued to shrink by up to 50 pounds and her periods stopped. "I often feel weak and difficult to get out of bed."

While in college at the University of Manchester at the age of 19 years, Rebecca was dating a guy and felt he was infertile. However, Rebecca's pregnant and it is only noticeable when the abortion was 26 weeks. "I do not know, because at that time I only wore a dress size six and my stomach is very flat," he said in an interview with Closer magazine.


Although requested eat various kinds of vitamins and protein for the fetus, making it difficult anorexia eat appropriate amounts of food for pregnant women. During pregnancy, Rebecca eat only bread and bits and gain weight as much as three pounds during her pregnancy.

Maisy was born healthy with low weight, 2.4 pounds. The mother was not able to produce milk for her baby. After parting with her partner, Rebecca returned to the bad eating habits until the weight dropped to 31 pounds.

"When I wear one dress Maisy, is perfect. We share tops and jeans," he said.

Different from his mother, Maisy enjoy various kinds of snacks such as cookies, chips and pizza. The mother looked at her daughter could only spend it all. "It's nice to see him eat. I've told you have an eating disorder and she knows it's a bad thing."

After passing a test earlier this year, Rebecca learned that low blood potassium levels. This indicates a condition called hypokalemia is muscle weakness that extreme. Doctors warn Rebecca may end up with heart attack risk if they are not able to add weight to his body.

"I'm afraid can not watch Maisy grow," he said. "I want to eat lunch together and think Maisy is a fun thing. But I can not.

No comments:

Post a Comment